Drink To Your Health: The Benefits Of A Daily Smoothie
Here in California we are blessed with beautiful weather most of the year. There is nothing like a nice fruit smoothie for a cool treat on a hot day. Today’s smoothies can help you improve your mind and body. We all know that a healthy nutritious breakfast gives us a good start. But how do you fit in a nutritious breakfast on a busy workday? Smoothies can not only give you the nutrition and vitamins you need, but are quick and easy.
Six Major Health Benefits Of Smoothies
There are so many overall health benefits to smoothies, but here are just some of the biggest:
- Improves Digestion: Green smoothies still contain a lot of fiber with essential vitamins and minerals that aid in digestion.
- Prevents Dehydration: Approximately 70% of your body is water. Smoothies, especially fruit smoothies will help rehydrate you.
- Provides Antioxidants: Grapes, berries, and green tea are natural antioxidants. Add some matcha tea to your smoothie and increase your immunity towards diseases.
- Detoxification: Foods containing carotenoids, such as papaya, beets and garlic are natural methods to reduce toxins in the bloodstream.
- Provides Calcium: any smoothie made with a dairy or dairy alternative will help provide your body the calcium your bones and teeth need.
- Reduces Carcinogens: Several studies suggest smoothies with foods such as broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage attack free radicals can help prevent cancer.
How Smoothies Empower Your Mind
So let’s talk about the brain. It is well known that certain fruits and veggies can boost brain power, memory, concentration, etc. The addition of ingredients that are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids such as chia seeds, walnuts, and coconut will also enhance your brainpower. Other benefits include:
- Controls Mood Swings: Smoothies made with fresh ingredients provide vitamins and minerals that help to control mood swings.
- Fights Depression: People suffering from depression are advised to eat a healthy breakfast. Smoothies using fresh fruits and veggies rich in folic acid keeps depression at bay. These include spinach, broccoli and bananas.
- Helps With Sleep Disorders: People of all ages suffer from issues related to lack of or poor sleep. High amounts of calcium and magnesium helps induce sleep and improves sleeping patterns. These fruits include kiwi, oats and bananas.
How Smoothies Support Weight Loss
It is hard to believe that the rich, indulgent fruit smoothie you are eating can actually help you lose weight. Studies have shown different ways smoothies help you with your weight.
- Supports Healthy Digestion: Drinking smoothies with fruits and berries that are high in enzymes, such as papaya, banana, kiwi and pineapple help dissolve body fat and clear up your circulatory system.
- Fills Your Up: Many dieters try to avoid eating as long as possible and skip important meals such as breakfast. Subsequently, they end up snacking or eating larger amounts. Experts advise a healthy fruit smoothie to keep you satiated.
- Controls Cravings. Since many smoothies are high in protein they provide a power-packed way to start the day, and help subdue food cravings.
Here at the Lazy Daisy we can whip up a smoothie that will delight your senses and keep you healthy. If you download our mobile app you can not only indulge in a healthy smoothie but you don’t have to wait in line for it.